How to check whether the Core's LED displays function normally
If the Core is connected to your device where the KOOV App is running, a green light should turn on if connected through USB, and a blue light should turn on if connected through Bluetooth.
POWER LED: The power LED of Cores with a product number of 61XXXXXX on the back lights up in green if the Core receives power from either the battery box or through USB.
The power LED of Cores with a product number of 7XXXXXXX on the back lights up in green if the Core receives power from the battery box and lights up in orange if the Core receives power only through USB. This means that the motors and the buzzer need a power supply from the battery box for operation.
STATUS LED: when sent code is being used to activate the robot, a blue light should be on. In the case of code in the KOOV app or in Test mode, the light should be orange.
MULTILED: You can control it through code. It also turns on to indicate that Troubleshooting mode is currently checking the electronic parts for correct operation.
If the Core's MULTI LED displays a blinking red light, it means that there is a problem with coding, such as when a code transfer is stopped midway. In that case, please restart your device following these instructions.
Problems with electronic parts and the Core
- My robot will not move
- The IR photoreflector is not responsive
- The Core doesn't turn on
- The robot's buzzer does not emit sounds
- The robot's DC motor / servo motor doesn't work
- The robot's LED doesn't light up
- The robot's sensors do not respond
- The buzzer's sound is lower than usual
- The servo motor makes a strange noise
- The DC Motor and the Servo Motor do not work with the same strength as usual